Wulguru Steel was established in 1977 to service the Engineering needs of Industry.
The founding members were colleagues whose backgrounds were in steel fabrication and systems engineering, In 1984 two further partners were included in the business structure to allow the business to expand.
The two additional partners had backgrounds in financial administration and sheet metal fabrication. This combination of skills was the primary reason for the success in identifying new techniques and innovative solutions to the engineering problems in industry, thus making them leaders in their field.
Wulguru Steel has grown significantly over the years and has increased the size of its staff and premises to cater for the growth in business.
From small beginnings, the companies trade with the local Industry has spread to dealings across Australasia, and has culminated in some very large projects and installations which may be viewed by potential clients if they so wish, to enable them to grasp the concepts and designs of systems already installed and operating.
Wulguru Steel are now one of the leading Design, Fabrication and Installation companies in the Australian market, and are well placed to compete overseas
Clientele And People
Estimators / Project Managers
We care for and value our employees and always endeavour to offer rewarding and challenging careers. Our goal is to create a safe workplace and an environment where employees feel proud to be part of a team.
As Engineering Professionals, we base our business on self-governance and quality. We are committed to building great products through our services while striving to ensure our staff a high quality of life as we increase our prosperity as a company. To achieve this goal, we set the following objectives:
- To anticipate changing market needs and to create and improve our technologies.
- To improve operational efficiency to maintain profit necessary to keep progressing
- To strive to provide continuing better services to our customers as partners in their operations and businesses.
Wulguru Steel employs an average of 80 personnel including 18 apprentices.
Wulguru's client base extends across all industries including marine, light industrial, engineering, mining, food and refining.
- CSR HUMES
- CSR SUGAR
- ORIGIN ENERGY
- INCITEC PIVOT
- QLD RAIL
- ERGON ENERGY
- XSTRATA COPPER
- QUEENSLAND NICKEL
- BHP CANNINGTON
- THEISS PTY LTD
- MOUNT ISA MINES
- WATPAC AUSTRALIA
- LAING O'ROURKE AUSTRALIA
- ABIGROUP SEYMOUR WHITE JOINT VENTURE
- BORTHWICKS & SONS MACKAY
- JBS AUSTRALIA
- NTH QLD NEWSPAPERS
- KAGARA ZINC
- GOLDING CONTRACTORS
- KAGARA ZINC & COPPER
- CEMENT AUSTRALIA
- RIO TINTO (ALCAN COVE)
- SESCO SODEXO DEFENCE SERVICES
- TEYS BROTHERS
- TOWNSVILLE CITY COUNCIL
Our annual turnover for 2010 was estimated to be $15M.
Wulguru has the culture to develop partnering style trust based relationships which, when implemented, assures a satisfactory performance driven outcome for all stakeholders.
Wulguru Steel has a strong positive local identity as a provider of quality general engineering services.
- Engineering Design & CAD Facilities
- General Engineering & Steel Fabrication (Heavy)
- Design & Manufacture of Mineral Processing Equipment
- All Stainless Steels, Sheetmetal and Aluminium Fabrication
- Pipework Spooling & Certified Welding
- Pressure Welding
- Abattoir Equipment, Manufacture & Installation
- Screw & Conveyor Manufacture
- Tanks & Vessels
- Belt, Chain and Screw Conveyors
- Machine Shop Facilities
- General Repairs & Maintenance
- Project Management
- Labour Hire
Plant & Equipment
- 1700 Square Meter Covered Workshop
- General Building Equipment
- 200 Tonne Break Press
- 70 Tonne Break Press
- 100 Tonne Horizontal Beam Press
- 50, 80 & 110 Tonne Punch & Shears
- 10mm Thick Mechanical Punch & Shears
- 3600 x 20mm Plate Guillotine
- 3600 x 3mm Plate Guillotine
- 3000 x 10mm Plate Rollers
- 1800 x 10mm Plate Rollers
- 1200 x 3mm Plate Rollers
- 900 x 3mm Plate Rollers
- 1500 Radial Arm Drill
- 50mm Threading Machine
- 100mm Threading Machine
- Hydraulic Tube Bender
- Multi head CNC Plate Cutter & Plasma
- (9m Travel x 2m Wide – 4 Head)
- Plasma Cutting Equipment
- Mobile Welding Equipment
- 3 x 5 Tonne Overhead Cranes
- 3 Tonne Forklift
- 6 Tonne Mobile Crane
- 12 Tonne Mobile Crane
- 1.2m x 300mm Swing Lathe
- 2m x 600mm Swing Lathe
- Pacific Universal Milling Machine
- Linisher Machines
- 1 x Beam Punch
- 3 x Band Saws
- 3 x Rotor Broach
- 2” Pipe Scolloping Machine
- Specialised Pipe Spooling Equipment
Wulguru Steel Pty Ltd since its founding in 1977 has pursued a policy of excellence of concept and execution in its chosen field which has enabled the company's growth during difficult national times.
Wulguru Steel Pty Ltd since its inception has been committed to supplying high quality products to meet our customers most stringent requirements. Continuous improvement has been essential to our past success and is critical to our future. Customers are the focus of everything we do. By offering cost effective solutions, increasing responsiveness and by listening to the customer, we aim to serve your needs.
Wulguru Steel Pty Ltd operates a Quality Management System which is designed to meet the requirements as Queensland government Quality Assured Supplier AS/NZS ISO9001:2008 This Quality Management system forms the framework for employees to work to and to ensure that work requirements are properly defined, accomplished and verified.
Managers and supervisors emphasise that the quality requirements and processes are documented, implemented and integrated into the work practices in each respective area of responsibility.
Health and Safety
Wulguru Steel is committed to achieving high standards of health and safety in all aspects of our business. We are focused on reducing risk and preventing injury and illness amongst our employees, sub- contractors and the community arising from our operations and the use of our products.
The implementation of a comprehensive safety management system ensures that standards are well defined and responsibilities are made clear. The effective involvement of all employees and sub-contractors in attaining health and safety objectives is sought and encouraged.
Wulguru’s health and safety objectives involve:
- Compliance with all statutory requirements as a minimum standard.
- Ensuring the provision of safe work methods, procedures, premises and plant
- Providing appropriate OH & S training for all employees
- Training employees to be aware of their responsibilities
- Using continuous improvement principles to achieve best practice standards
- Competent management of change in our plant, systems or products
- Appropriate rehabilitation for all ill or injured employees, on and off the job
- Working safely as a ‘condition of employment’
No task will be undertaken if health, safety, environmental or quality standards will be compromised.